Hi! My name is Andrey Bundin. I am a composer and sound producer. I create music of different styles and genres: from chamber and orchestral music to contemporary electroacoustic, theatre, cinematic and pop music.
1. Composing music of different styles and genres: from chamber and orchestra music to contemporary electroacoustic, theatre, cinematic and pop music.
2. Live electronic music performances with Ableton Live software and midi controllers, especially theatre performances. I started this experience in 2010. Since that time i have had about 30 performances with Poema theatre at such Saint-Petersburg stages as Black box theatre, FISH Fabrique nouvelle, museum of contemporary art Erarta, Open scene theatre, etc.
3. Playing folk stringed musical instruments: balalaika, sitar, saz (Turkish baglama) and some ethnic woodwind instruments.
4. Multichannel music recording and production (Piano solo, ensembles, choir, vocals e.t.c.) with Pro Tools and Cubase. Also I use music technology to create sound recordings of my own works.
5. Development of musical software with Synthedit, max/msp and Delphi with VST SDK. The works are not published yet. My thoughts on this subject consist of the following thesis: Most modern synthesizers are aimed at creating popular music, so there is a gap in the technologies of academic electroacoustic music. There is a need for development serious universal instruments. The first steps in this direction have already been taken: IRCAM in partnership with Ableton integrated MAX/MSP in Live sequencer. But this is not enough.
6. Work as an assistant in the College of Music of Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia. I deliver lectures and organize practical studies in the following disciplines: music recording and production, the history of electroacoustic music, technology in musical education, arrangement, sound synthesis. Additionally I work as an IT engineer of the college.